Wednesday 1 May 2013

Natalie Massenet : Her Story So Far

When tickets for this year's Vogue Festival sold out almost as quickly as they went on sale, one of the events I was most disappointed to miss out on was the Natalie Massenet presentation. As the founder of Net-a-Porter, Massenet revolutionised the way that people shop for designer fashion. Until she came along, the idea of purchasing luxury designer fashion on the internet was anathema to most fashionistas. Never one to rest on her laurels, Massenet has always stayed one step ahead of the competition by expanding the Net-a-Porter offering to include menswear (Mr Porter), a magazine (The Edit) and most recently, beauty.



I was fully prepared to follow the presentation vicariously through my Twitter newsfeed. However, thanks to Natalie Massenet's creativity, it would be another social media channel I would use to follow her presentation. In order that people beyond the walls of the Vogue Festival could share in the experience, the Net-a-Porter founder gave her presentation via Instagram. I found her presentation to be really inspiring, with her sharing her approach to not only business but also life in general.





After reading her presentation and accompanying commentary, I downloaded one of the books that she recommended, Creative Visualization . I have already found it really useful. From now on, if ever I am in doubt, the one question I am going to ask myself is: 'What would Natalie do?' It might sound a bit flippant, but when I applied it in a few situations earlier this week, it really did help me to go ahead and try a different approach.




I will let you explore the presentation for yourself at @nataporter_mystorysofar . I would love to know what you think of it.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...