Saturday 25 May 2013

8 of the best: Breton tops


When it comes to classic fail-safe fashion pieces, you can't go wrong with a Breton stripe top. Breton stripe tops have been a style staple ever since Coco Chanel first made them fashionable. They are really versatile and can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. They have become a bit of a go-to piece for me, which I often pair with a statement necklace to give a different feel to the look.

I have been looking to add some more to my closet, so thought that I'd share some of my finds. Although I tend to opt for the classic navy and white breton tops, I couldn't resist the Maison Scotch neon pink stripe for Summer. I really like the tops which have opted for a twist on the usual look, e.g. the Maison Scotch colourblock top or the Boutique by Jaeger Breton with broderie anglaise inserts.


Clockwise from top left: 5Preview - £85 ; Whistles - £55 ; Boutique by Jaeger with broderie anglaise inserts - £40 ; Gap black and mint stripe - £13.99


Clockwise from top left: Maison Scotch neon pink stripe - £39 ; Maison Scotch colourblock - £55 ; Saint James - £55 ; Chinti and Parker organic cotton - £85

What pieces are your  fail-safe items that you know you can always rely on?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...