Saturday 14 May 2011

Happy Nails - Part II

Following on from my post earlier this week where I was shouting the joys of Orly's Va Va Voom from the blogging rooftops, here's a post on my other recent Orly discovery: Holla.


Once I'd colour popped with Orly Va Va Voom I just couldn't stop! I was looking for an orange nail polish to contrast with a particular outfit, so put out a cry for help on Twitter. The only oranges I owned were all variants on a coral theme, and I was on a tangerine trip. Once again, Farrah at makeup it girl (hereby annointed my Official Nail Polish Guru) assisted me in my nail polish quest and recommended this beautiful bright. When Nadira at Nadira Makeup Mistress   also recommended it, I took it as a sign from the beauty Gods that I was meant to try this polish. If you haven't already guessed it doesn't take much! Thankfully boots.com has just started stocking Orly Mani Minis so I put my order in. If you are not sure if a bright is really for you, then the Mani Minis are the perfect way to try them out without buying a full-size polish. They are currently on 3 for 2 at Boots too, so now's the time to try them. I've taken the photo below to give you an idea of the size when compared to a standard Nails Inc polish (Kensington Caviar TopCoat, which I got as part of a Nails Inc gift set free with an Elle subscription).



This polish applies easily and dries to a matte finish. I love this polish and it's always good when a product makes you smile in addition to ticking a few beauty trend boxes. I think it's safe to say that my love affair with the highlighter pen part of the colour spectrum is going to continue for a while. I am defiinitely a Holla-nails girl!

12 comments:

  1. OOOH looks gorgeous and i love that ring it really sets of the polish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour, I think I am going to have to experiment with orange, it seems to be very popular with bloggers at the moment, I agree with Nicoletta, that ring is gorgeous. Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes think everyone should try this colour at least once for Summer-it's a really intense pop of colour to brighten up a look.I want to try some of the other bright shades that are around too. That ring is one of my favourites.It was Scott Wilson for Asos collection last season.Thought that was another way to bring pop of colour to an outfit. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, great post! Looks HOT on you!!

    Shame about the nails inc topcoat, loooool.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lovely lady, or should I say my Official Nail Polish Guru!

    I will try an Orly topcoat soon to compensate for my Nails Inc faux pas! Clashing colours=yes; clashing nail brands= NO NO NO!! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried Orly nail polishes, this shade looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried Orly either, seems hard to get hold of. That shade is beautiful, I luff it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely isn't it.All my pre-Blogger meltdown commenters loved it.It's Scott Wilson for ASOS from last season.Love my accessories so expect to see a few posts about them too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colour - it's so glossy too. Also loving the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strawberry Blonde-In the photo I've got the Nails Inc Top Coat on.Forgot to take a pic before I put it on-oops!Yes I love it.Simple but definitely eyecatching!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this colour for Summer, it's the perfect way to bring a pop of colour to any outfit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...