Sunday 29 May 2011

Ciaté Paint Pot - Mistress

It's a fair cop. I will admit to a fling with a Mistress. Whilst I love my Orly dearly, I've been tempted away from my neon brights by Ciaté's Mistress, a coral toned red. Although I do paint my nails red quite a lot, the polishes I use tend to be darker shades of red, more blue toned than orange-toned. However when I saw Lisa Eldridge wearing this on her blog it caught my eye. In addition to loving the colour I was also keen to try it (purely in the name of blog research of course!) as I've never used Ciaté polishes, or should I say Paint Pots, before.



Ciaté was created by Charlotte Straughan, who owned her own salon, to meet the needs of both customers and professional nail technicians. The range has a number of collections: Festival Fever; Classics; Fashionista; Metallics; Nudes; Passionista; Pop and Pastels, with a colour to suit everyone.

Image: Ciaté

The polish usually retails at £9.00 but I found it for £4.50 (Buy it Now) on ebay, which was a bargain. I was really impressed with all aspects of this polish. The long-handled brush makes it easy to control the brush when applying the polish. The polish went on really smoothly and evenly and dried with a glossy finish.  Ciaté claim that their polishes are long-lasting and I can only agree. I think that this is one of the best polishes I've ever used in terms of staying chip-free. After 6 days it had no chips at all. I applied 2 coats of polish to ensure total uniform coverage. As the colour has a coral/orange tone I think it's the perfect red for Summer. Depending on the light it can look more orange, sometimes more red.


I love the Ciaté packaging, as with it's little ribbon and the long brush handle it has a definite vintage feel to it. I know you shouldn't base a buying decision on packaging alone but it definitely adds to the overall feeling you get when purchasing and using a product. I have been really impressed with this polish and will definitely be adding to my Ciaté collection very soon. If you'd like to try this polish you can get it from a number of online retailers including Beauty Bay .


So what's your favourite nail polish brand? I'm always keen to try out new products so I'd love to hear which nail polishes are impressing you right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...