Tuesday 24 May 2011

Beauteconomics

On the weekend I paid a visit to my local branch of TK Maxx. I have found some great bargains in there recently, including a See by Chloe bright pink jumper for £34 instead of £210 and a Clements Ribeiro Portobello cotton cashmere sweater for £29.95 insead of £325. In days gone by I would have gone straight for the handbag section to see if I could find any designer gems hidden amongst some of the other less desirable bags. However, since my discovery of beauty blogs I now find myself going straight for the beauty section. Whilst I'm on the subject of handbags, am I the only person who if I was in a position to spend hundreds of pounds on a handbag would still want it to be displayed nicely, and not just left on a shelf for a load of people to mess about with? I am not sure that the shop floor (literally!) is the best place for a £995 (reduced price!) Versace bag.

Clements Ribeiro Portobello jumper
See by Chloe jumper

Due to the nature of the store you can never guarantee that you will find a particular brand, but I always find that it's worth taking a look, as lately I have found some great products on the shelves. In addition to high-street brands such as L'Oreal and Revlon, you can also find higher end brands such as Korner skincare. On my last visit I picked up a few brands that I had come across on beauty blogs (Margaret Dabbs & Leighton Denny) so will be trying them out and posting about them soon.

As a girl who loves her beauty products and her clothes I also love a bargain. After all, the more money saved, the more Nars products I can add to my collection! So have you got any particular places (online or instore) where you consistently go to to grab a bargain?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...