Saturday 28 May 2011

All things bright and beautiful

As you will know from some of my previous posts, I am a huge fan of the bright nails trend which is popular this season. Looking at the photos from my Orly Va Va Voom and Holla posts got me thinking about how I have increasingly been choosing brighter colours over the last few months.Whilst my closet and makeup collection by no means resemble a Pantone colour chart, my recent additions have definitely been brightening things up a bit.

Previously there was a lot of black and white (in my closet, not my makeup collection!) but I have been making more of an effort to bring a bit of colour to proceedings. In the not too distant past, my makeup used to range from pink lipgloss to sheer browny-pink lipstick to...um,pink lipgloss, but now I love a slick of bright lippie! I find that wearing bright colours perks me up even when I'm half-asleep (as I most definitely am not a morning person).


In this post I've included some photos of some of my recent purchases and also some things that I had in my closet that hadn't seen the light of day for a while. Whilst writing this post I discovered an orange Barry M lipgloss I wore for a fancy dress party that I think I'm now going to try out day to day.




Previous readers of my blog will have noticed the blue ring before, in my Orly Holla post. It's from the Scott Wilson for ASOS colection from last year, and cost £35. I love it and it definitely makes a statement. Ever on the hunt for another statement ring, I purchased the orange ring yesterday from H & M for a bargainous £3.99!


The handbag is one that I bought in the Warehouse sale about 4 years ago. Not surprisingly my eyes were drawn straight to it so I snapped it up for £10. I love the combination of the patent, perspex and metal together. It's always guaranteed to bring a pop of colour to an outfit.

So are you a fan of brights or do you prefer sticking to darker colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...