Monday 9 May 2011

Happy Nails - Part I

Although I have been a long-time lover of nail polish (I don't do 'naked' nails!) I had never come across Orly nail polishes until the gorgeous Farrah at make up it girl tweeted a photo of her "happy nails"! At the time I was wearing the brightest pink I owned (Nails Inc Shoreditch), but the happy shade in question suddenly made my polish look woefully inadequate on the bright front. The name of the polish which inspired such nail envy? The striking Va Va Voom from Orly's new Pin Up collection. Now if you are a member of the nude nails school of nail polish, then this highlighter pen pink polish might not be your cup of tea. But I LOVE it!

The polish comes in a large bottle with a rubber handle which helps to control when applying the polish. The polish applies evenly and dries to a creme finish. Depending on what finish you prefer you can use a glossy topcoat on top (as I have in the photos below). I took some photos with an iphone but not sure they do the polish justice!


This polish is certainly not subtle, but it's the perfect way to bring a pop of colour to your style this season if you can't afford anything from the new Jil Sander collection. I have never had so many comments (all positive!) on a nail polish, and will definitely be repurchasing this. What are your thoughts on this shade? Is it your idea of nail polish nirvana or your nail polish nemesis? If it looks like your thing then you can purchase it at Beauty Bay, priced £8.75 : www.beautybay.com

3 comments:

  1. Oooo a very pretty pink...looks very bright :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's definitely bright - the perfect Summer shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, it's my FAVE colour!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...