Saturday 22 September 2012

Guest post: A Perfect Red - Chanel Gabrielle

Georgia from 'Georgia on My Mind' blog was one of the first beauty bloggers that I followed, therefore I was thrilled when she agreed to write a guest post for my blog. As well as writing a brilliant post, she has now inspired serious lipstick lust, thanks to her post *adds item to shopping list* Read on to find out the new object of my makeup desire!

***

I firmly believe that every woman needs to own at least one great red lipstick. I also firmly believe every woman should own a piece of 'Chanel'. Let me show you how to kill two proverbial birds with one stone. Meet 'Chanel' Rouge Coco in shade 'Gabrielle'



It is a truth universally acknowledged that 'Chanel' do reds very well. Generally if I'm looking for a great red, I look to 'Chanel' first. Whilst I own more than I care to admit, this is one I use most often. Something about 'Gabrielle' calls to me more than the other reds on offer.




Bearing the name of Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel herself this lipstick is the epitome of timelessness and a true classic. From the understated elegance of the black and gold case to the creamy, opaque coverage of the lipstick itself - 'Gabrielle' is a winner and one of the few lipsticks I constantly recommend to others. If you are looking for your perfect red - look no further.



If you only ever purchase and own one red lipstick..let it be 'Gabrielle'. A universally flattering shade - a 'true' red if you will. It does lean slightly more to being a blue based red, but contains enough orange to counteract the blue, making it flattering on cool or warm skin tones. It is the perfect red for making the teeth appear whiter and in my case my smile that bit brighter.



In the bullet, there are tiny flecks of glitter visible which did initially worry me- but on the lips this translates as a creamy shine with dimension- keeping the overall look classic with a modern twist. Rouge Coco's and especially 'Gabrielle' are incredibly comfortable on the lips - moisturising enough yet long lasting. 'Gabrielle' will last you through several cocktails before fading to a stain that in itself is wearable.


I like to imagine this is the exact shade of red Coco herself wore, complete with signature black ensemble and simple string of pearls. Elegant. Glamorous. Iconic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...