Monday 2 May 2011

My Current Routine - Part I: Skincare

I originally wrote this list a few months ago after reading a couple of posts where bloggers detailed what they used. At the time I thought it would be interesting for myself to note exactly which products of the many that I own that I was actually using, and which ones were taking up valuable bathroom space with no beauty benefits gained! Previously, the products that I was using tended to be a combination of gifts, special offers and habit. Since then, thanks to my new discoveries via Twitter and other blogs, this list has changed quite a bit. Whilst I think I’ve now found a few Holy Grail items, I am quite sure that this list will keep evolving, as my skin changes, beauty trends move on, and well, as a beauty lover I never really need a reason to try new products! As the list is quite long I've split it into a couple of posts.
Cleanser – Origins Checks & Balances, used with a Konjac Sponge. If you haven’t already tried the Konjac sponge then I urge you to give it a go. I discovered them via a post on the fabulous Get Lippie blog. They are such a simple and good value product which helps leave my skin beautifully smooth after cleansing.
Toner – I am not currently using a toner, but having read a few posts promoting the virtues of a good toner, this is about to change.
Make-up Remover – I have been using a Bourjois make-up remover after reading about it on a blog. However it didn't live up to my expectations as it's quite greasy, so I am on the hunt for a new one. All recommendations welcome!
Moisturiser
Day: La Roche-Posay Effaclar M/Effaclar Duo/Effaclar K . I first heard of this brand a while ago but it was only when I read rave reviews on Twitter that I decided to give it a go and ordered some from www.escentual.com  who have some great value packs of La Roche-Posay. I am so glad that I did. The Effaclar range is designed for oily skin with imperfections. I mix and match these 3 different lotions according to my skin's requirements. I find that the Effaclar M really helps to mattify my skin without drying it out. The Duo and K are great when I have got a breakout or my skin is looking a bit congested.
Night: Dr Nick Lowe Night Recovery Cream - I was lucky enough to win this as part of a set in a Twitter giveaway from @DrNickLoweSkin . I had previously only used products from Dr Nick Lowe’s Anti-Blemish range. However, I have found that this night cream really helps with the appearance of my skin overnight, leaving it feeling softer and smoother.
Primer/Radiance booster – Clarins Beauty Flash Balm – I LOVE this product. This product is a classic, so when I was lucky enough to get it free in a Grazia Beauty event goodie bag, I was one very happy lady. This product does exactly what it says on the tube: brightens and firms. I apply this to my skin using the technique shown by Lisa Eldridge and instantly my skin looks better.
Eye-cream – Clinique All about Eyes
Exfoliator – Origins Modern Friction
Face mask – I have yet to find a face mask that I really love, so I have been alternating between Soap & Glory The Fab Pore which I was given as part of a set, and the hydrating Origins Drink Up, depending on the condition of my skin.

2 comments:

  1. Love these type of posts. Im going to have a look on the escentual site as ive been wanting to try the La Roche products for a while but still have quite a few things to use up at the moment.
    My skincare changes all the time as i cant resist trying something new just in case its better than what im using x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about always wanting to try something new 'just in case'! I only came across escentual.com after WelshBeautyBlog tweeted about them.They are great,will send you samples if you have a query about a product before you buy.Great customer service and delivery too.Their newsletters are always full of temptation!x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...