Friday 2 November 2012

Vivienne Westwood launch in Cardiff

Last month saw the opening of a Vivienne Westwood flagship store in Cardiff’s St David’s centre. The opening had been hotly anticipated ever since details were announced back in August, as it is the first time that Cardiff fashionistas have been able to purchase all of her collections in the city.


Last night I was lucky enough to be invited to attend the official launch party. This was my first opportunity to see the store, which stocks the full range of Gold, Red & MAN Label, Anglomania, Anglomania + Lee jeans, Red Carpet eveningwear dresses, and all accessories including shoes and bags.  

The Vivienne Westwood 'golden ticket'!

As soon as I walked up the red carpet (not a phrase I get to use regularly!), my eye was caught by Vivienne Westwood's neon pink signature on the back wall of the shop. It was great to see all of Vivienne Westwood's collections up close, and especially the ones being modelled by the live mannequins dotted about the store. 




As well as an opportunity to admire some seriously fabulous fashion, it was also great to catch up with my fellow Cardiff bloggers - Gemma, Emily, Chantele and Mia. We all enjoyed compiling our (in my case, very long!) wish lists over a glass or two of champagne.  

The lovely Emily from 'Sugar and Spice' blog, wearing a particularly fabulous pair of earrings!

Here are some of my favourite pieces from the evening.

How do I love these shoes? Let me count the ways!



I love a statement necklace, and this ticks all the boxes for me!


The raspberry and black tie-dye effect patent really caught my eye

I love how the detail on this bag echoes the folds and drapes of Vivienne Westwood's dresses

The store and Grayling had pulled out all the stops last night, and everyone there had a fantastic time. Judging by the reactions from everyone last night, I have a feeling that a lot of the guests will be popping back over the next few days to add some Vivienne Westwood to their closets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...