Tuesday 20 November 2012

John Lewis Christmas: Fashion and Beauty

Last week I went to the John Lewis press event which was held in the intimate surroundings of Soda Bar's 'The Attic' Members Bar. Walking into the venue was like walking into my idea of a perfect Christmas: beautiful dresses; 'snow' beneath my feet; trees laden with decorations, and a sofa covered in cashmere blankets to cwtch up in front of the fireplace! Oh and not to mention more Nars makeup than I could shake a stick (or should that be candy cane?) at. One look at the dresses and accessories on display, and I made a mental note to arrange more Christmas nights out in order to be able to justify purchasing one of the beautiful dresses! Here are some of my favourite pieces from the fashion and beauty selection:

This was one of my favourite outfits. Santa if you are listening, this faux fur gilet has got my name all over it!


There were quite a few faux fur pieces on display. I own a number of faux fur jackets, but I can never resist trying on another! I love how they can add a touch of glamour to a look, and can give a completely different look to an outfit.





As I am a magpie with an eye for all things glittery, my eye was drawn to these shoes straight away. And the faux fur wrap would be just perfect for keeping out the winter chill in style.

The 'Andy Warhol' collection from Nars, below, ticks A LOT of my beauty boxes! I love how the brand is offering something a little bit different to the usual Christmas collections being put out by other brands. There are more than a few of these items on my Christmas wishlist!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...