Monday 29 October 2012

Acne Pistol boot v Topshop Mighty

A boot that is as perfect for the daily commute as it is for an evening out? A boot that manages to be extremely comfortable whilst also being bang on trend? Yes readers, I have found the boot in question. I give you the Topshop 'Mighty' boot

Topshop 'Mighty'


I stumbled across this pair of boots online whilst I was searching for the Acne 'Pistol' boot. I have seen numerous people on Twitter raving about how versatile they are, and great cost-per-wear value etc so I thought that I would do a bit of retail research to while away a bus journey to London. Sadly I didn't have the necessary £380 to invest in a pair. However it seems that I am not the only one, as my online research unearthed a dupe pair from Topshop - the 'Mighty'. I was still undecided as to whether I actually NEED more footwear in my closet, when I took a tumble at Victoria station. My heeled boots were damaged slightly and not really advisable with a bruised ankle, so I took it as a sign that I needed to purchase some footwear with a slightly lower heel if I was going to be wandering around London all day. Step forward the 'Mighty' - retailing at only £45.  As I had £35 in TopShop vouchers I only paid £10 for them!



I have only had them two days, but I am already certain that these are going to get a LOT of wear. I live at the top of a hill which normally necessitates wearing a pair of ballet pumps or smoking slippers on my way to work. Either that or allowing precious extra minutes in the morning to walk to the station if I am wearing heels. However this morning I was practically sprinting down the hill in these boots. Just enough of a heel to give some height, without being impractical. I am already considering purchasing another pair, as I hate it when a favourite previous season item finally gives up the ghost and goes to fashion heaven. The Acne 'Pistol' might have been the one to catch my eye, but the Topshop 'Mighty' has definitely won my heart!

The original Acne 'Pistol' boot

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...