Tuesday 7 February 2012

Pastel Perfection: No 7 'Pinky Pure' & LILIFI Purple Clutch Purse

Despite the Winter weather we have had over the last week, I am focusing on the fashion business in hand: Spring/Summer 2012's penchant for pastels. Most of the clothes in my closet, tend to be either monochrome, or strong colours such  as blue and red. I don't really tend to buy many pastel items. And that seems to translate into my beauty purchases too.

However, what became clear from the Spring/Summer 2012 Collections, is that pastels are definitely having a moment. From the pastel perfection of Louis Vuitton, to the style sweet-shop that is Mulberry's Spring/Summer campaign, pastels were everywhere. So, I decided that it was time I introduced some pastels into my closet and my beauty look.

Louis Vuitton S/S 2012
Mulberry S/S 2012

First up, was this gorgeous clutch purse from LILIFI. In addition to looking rather lovely, it is also really practical, as there are enough compartments to hold all your cards, cash, passport and phone.




When it came to beauty, I opted for a pastel pink nail polish (No 7 'Pinky Pure'), as opposed to my usual stronger colours. I did wonder whether this might be a bit too girlie for me. However, I really liked the colour once it was on. The polish applied really smoothly, and two coats gave full coverage.


The next step on my road to pastel perfection? To introduce more pastel shades into my closet. Watch this space!

So will you be trying out pastel shades this season? Or will you be wearing brighter colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...