Sunday 5 February 2012

Springtime in Chanel: Le Vernis in 'April'

Our weather may be having a Winter flashback, but I am definitely all about Spring/Summer. And in particular, 'April', 'May' and 'June', otherwise known as this season's Limited Edition nail polish shades from Chanel.


The shades are part of the Chanel Spring/Summer 2012 collection. I am always keen to try the latest Chanel releases, and loved the look of all three shades when I first saw pictures on Lisa Eldridge's blog. 'April' is a berry/port shade; 'May' is the perfect pink for Spring - reminiscent of sugared almonds and carnations, whilst 'June' is a shade of apricot. After much deliberation I settled on 'April'.



The creme finish of 'April' applied really smoothly, and I was really impressed with the high-gloss finish that it has. I wear a lot of dark red nail polishes, and I think this is the perfect way of taking that look through into Spring/Summer. It is a red with a berry-ish tone, which isn't too dark against Summer brights and pastels.

Have you tried any of the latest 'Chanel' shades? If yes, which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...