Friday 17 February 2012

Mary Katrantzou for Topshop

If you have even the slightest interest in fashion, then I am sure that you haven't missed the hype surrounding the 'Mary Katrantzou for Topshop' collaboration. Ever since a picture of the dress below was leaked on Twitter at a Press Day, this has been one of the most hotly anticipated high-street collaborations ever seen.


I love Mary's work - the combination of intricate prints, vibrant colours and sculptural shapes. I recently gave a presentation on her work on a training course I attended. Getting to talk about her work for three days turned the course into a pure pleasure!

I logged on at 7.45am this morning (75 minutes before the advertised launch time), to find that a large number of the items had already sold out! Not surprisingly, the dress pictured above had already been snapped up, even with its price tag of £350. When you think that dresses from Mary's mainline collection can retail for £8,500, then I guess some people might consider it a positive bargain! The fact that the collection started at £40 offered a much more accessible price-point for those people who love Mary's work.



I had had my eye on the silk blouse, but sadly that was sold out too. However, I did manage to get my hands on one piece from the collection - this carnation print t-shirt. I think that this will be really versatile, as I can wear it under a blazer for a dash of colour and print, or can mix it with some other prints and bright separates if I feel like it.

I will blog about the item when it is delivered next week. I can't wait! One of the perks of ordering online today, is that I will also receive a free Mary Katrantzou print canvas bag. A free Mary Katrantzou piece?!!! What is not love about that?!

What are your thoughts on the collaboration? Did you manage to get your hands on a piece from the collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...