Saturday 3 December 2011

Clarins TriActive Body Treatment at Central Pharmacy, Cardiff

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might remember that I recently blogged about Central Pharmacy's 25th Anniversary celebrations, and that at that event we were given demonstrations of the new Clarins TriActive Face and Body Treatments. So when the lovely Sam from Clarins HQ offered me the chance to try the TriActive Body Treatment I jumped at the chance. After a very busy week I was really looking forward to a bit of pampering, and this treatment definitely didn't disappoint.

There are three different TriActive body treatments to choose from:

  • The Body Sculptor - "a pampering shortcut to a body that's svelte, toned and silky-smooth"
  • The Moisture Quencher - "for a body that gleams like satin and is velvet to the touch"
  • The Firming Age Corrector - "an all-in-one body youth boost"
  • The Body Polisher - "for a body that's super soft, supple and smooth...helps minimise dark spots and stretch marks"
I opted for the 'Body Sculptor' treatment, as it is fair to say that my body is not particularly svelte or toned. Before the treatment, I had a thorough consultation with Natasha, the beauty therapist, who asked if I had any particular concerns and talked me through what would be involved in the treatment. I can certainly see how the salon has been awarded 'Gold Salon' status by Clarins, one of only 76 salons in the U.K. to have received this award.


The treatment began with an all-over body exfoliation so that the products used could really be absorbed into the skin. After that the therapist applied Clarins 'Body Treatment Oil - Relax' to my décolleté in order to help me relax. Natasha used the Clarins 'Body Treatment Oil - "Anti-Eau" to do the massage. The massage incorporates a series of movements designed to help streamline the body and boost circulation, which assists with reducing fluid retention. Towards the end of the one hour and twenty minute long treatment, Natasha applied a mask to my problem areas, to which she had added firming serum. She then applied plastic wrap over the mask which helped the product to be absorbed into the skin. This was kept on for fifteen minutes, which gave me some much needed relaxation time whilst I was given a head massage. 


At the end of the treatment Natasha sprayed Clarins' classic treatment fragrance, 'Eau Dynamisante' over me, which helps to invigorate the client. I would thoroughly recommend this treatment, as it was the perfect combination of invigorating and relaxing massage, and I felt really refreshed after leaving the salon. I definitely felt more streamlined after the treatment and my skin looked more toned. I will certainly be booking myself in for another one of these treatments soon.

Fine print: I was given the chance to try out this treatment for free by the Clarins Press office for the purposes of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...