Tuesday 18 February 2014

Black White Denim

One of the things that I have loved the most about getting into blogging and social media is the fact that I have met some really lovely people, who I never would have met in real life. Four such ladies are Kate, Selina, Philippa and Jo. We all 'met' on Twitter over a shared love of fashion. And last year we all met in real life for the first time, together with the fabulous Penny, for a tweet up in Wilmslow. Why Wilmslow I here you ask? Well one of the reasons is that Jo owns an amazing boutique there called Black White Denim. The boutique takes those three words as part of its core aesthetic, and throws in a splash of colour to mix things up a little bit for those who don't want to live life solely in monochrome.

Maison Scotch sweatshirt - £90

etre cecile sweatshirt, £110

This weekend I travelled up to Wilmslow to stay with one of my best friends who I have known since we met as Freshers in Liverpool many years ago. As if staying with her and her lovely family wasn't fun enough, I rounded off the weekend with another Wilmslow tweet-up with my Black White Denim ladies. Sadly, Penny couldn't join us this time.


Zoe Karssen sweatshirt , 2nd Day leather t-shirt

First stop was of course the boutique on Alderley Road. Jo has amazing taste and this is reflected in the brilliant edit of established and newer labels instore: J Brand; Bella Freud; Avelon; etre cecile, and Maison Scotch to name just a few. I could quite easily have snapped up all of the stock instore (a girl can dream!) but here is a selection of my favourite pieces.


5 Preview sweatshirts

Don't worry if you don't live in the North-West though, as the store has a fabulous website where you can get your hands on Jo's brilliant edit of clothes, which always succeeds in being both on-trend every season, and offering key pieces which you will be loving for seasons to come.



While we were there Jo let us choose a piece from her brand new range of jersey basics, named after the store. I love the concept behind the range, so will post about it in a separate blog post.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...