Monday 12 December 2011

Lou Lou Chats to LILIFI designer, Kathleen Reardon

After my Q & A with Jinty Day last week, I've decided to start a new feature called 'Lou Lou Chats' where I get the opportunity to interview people who are working in the fashion and beauty industry, be it designers, makeup artists or store owners. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do! Next up in the series is the lovely lady behind LILIFI (and designer of my dream clutch!), Kathleen Reardon.


****************************************************************************


Describe LILIFI in three words.

Stylish / Tactile / Trend-led

Please tell us more about yourself.

I studied at Cordwainers College (1996-1998), undertaking a HND in footwear/accessories design.  Whilst at college, I worked for John Lobb and Pentlands.  After graduating, I landed a fantastic job, trend forecasting at Insight Ltd - amazing bridging for a colourful career.  I have worked in many establishments before embarking on what is now known as LILIFI.


Animal-print Satchel, £189

Does LILIFI have a signature style?

Yes. Quintessential British style, mixing up textures, for girls that want the whole collection.

Would you say LILIFI is more classic, or trend-led?

Both equally. Classic styling with trend led colours, textures and silhouettes.

There are lots of lovely bags and accessories in the collection, but have you got a particular favourite?

Difficult, as each bag is designed for a different occasion. That’s why I have the whole collection to hand! It is very important to wear and test the styles, but if I was pushed to decide, then it would have to be studded satchel.

What is in your handbag?

Today I am using the tan studded satchel. In my bag is, LILIFI black python purse clutch, with passport included (just incase of that emergency get away); my note & sketch book; torch pen; chewing gum; keys (lots of them); lighter; lip gloss; business cards; tape measure; spare pair of earrings (always), and forever present is a toy or picture from my daughter.


Cream Leopard Wrist Clutch, £110

What has been the highlight for you since starting up LILIFI?

Everyday is a highlight. No two days are the same. There are highs and lows, and everyday brings something new and exciting. 

Looking back, is there anything that you would have done differently?

Yes, the list in endless. I am very lucky to have such a strong and supportive family behind me. However, the mistakes made, are my mistakes. It's called experience.

What motivates you?

Living. I love life. My family; my friends, and the world.



Tan Satchel, £149


What’s in the pipeline for LILIFI in 2012?

That is a close guarded secret. All will be revealed in January 2012! We want to focus and honour our current customers.  Keep the momentum going!

What advice would you give to people who are looking to start their own fashion business?

Plan, but be flexible, listen and adapt to find solutions to hurdles. It is good to have family & friends behind you. Trust your gut intuition, and never put all your eggs in one basket.  Keep your independence. Remember it's YOUR business. You hold the steering wheel and you pave your own way.

Where can we find LILIFI?

Currently we are stocked in over 50 boutiques in the UK, but to name just a few are reddirect.co.uk, cruisefashion.co.uk, blackwhitedenim.com and the-dressingroom.com.  Japanese stockists include Soarek, Rosebud, Frees and Isetan.  In Italy you can find us at Brik Fashions.

Top Tip?

It isn’t the hand you are dealt; it’s the way you play them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...