Monday 5 December 2011

Lou Lou Chats: Q & A with Makeup Artist Jinty Day

At my recent photo shoot for 'Red' magazine, my makeup was done by the lovely Jinty Day, who is a makeup artist who bases herself in Cardiff and Swansea. After the shoot I decided to do a quick Q & A with Jinty to find out a bit more about her work.

**************************************************************************

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a professional make up artist with a wealth of experience in the industry. Having lived and worked in London for five years doing catwalk shows, fashion shoots etc. I returned to South Wales. As a freelance makeup  artist I travel all over doing different types of make up, from weddings to photo shoots. I am also in the process of opening up an academy of makeup, which will be up and running by January.

An example of Jinty's work

What's the one product you can't live without?

I would say the product I can't live without would be Mac 'Face and Body', as it is so important to get the base right. I also love the Bobbi Brown long lasting gel eye-liners and the Dior Addict lip gloss

What's your number 1 beauty tip?

My number 1 beauty tip would be fresh, clean-looking skin. Once the skin is perfected, everything else falls into place.

Have you got any style/beauty inspirations?

I would say there are many style/ beauty inspirations. One in particular would be a makeup artist called Rae Morris. Her work is out of this world.

An example of Rae Morris' work from her website. Source - www.raemorris.com

Do you have a signature look that you do?

I don't have one signature look in particular, as I think it is good to be quite versatile. But I do try to focus especially on perfecting the skin and giving the brows a good strong shape.

What's your makeup motto?

My makeup motto would be "Practise makes perfect."

What do you enjoy the most about your job?

I love the variety of my job, and I get to meet lots of great people. One day I can be teaching a private lesson or doing a wedding, then I could be doing a fabulous photo shoot. Every day is different.

Another example of Jinty's work

What's been your most memorable moment as a makeup artist?

My most memorable moment? This one is hard, as there are so many. It would probably have to be London Fashion Week. There is always such an amazing atmosphere - a buzz in the air.

Have you got any beauty pet peeves?

I would say it has to be when people get the wrong colour and texture of foundation. Foundation shouldn't be used to give you a tan. It should match your skin tone.

**************************************************************************
If you want to find out more about Jinty, then check out her website www.jintyday.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...