Thursday 20 October 2011

Prada Candy

Prada fragrances have always been on my 'to-try list' but I never seemed to get around to trying them. Their previous fragrances such as Infusion d'Iris and L’Eau Ambrée always seemed quite classic and restrained judging by their advertising campaigns. Their latest launch definitely doesn't follow this trend, and the campaign has a hedonistic and impulsive feel. Miuccia Prada has described this as "an excessive fragrance with too much of everything." The packaging immediately jumps out at you with its combination of pink, caramel and gold. The box features a retro cartoon illustration. As part of the launch, the 'face' of the fragrance, French actress Léa Seydoux, filmed this commercial, which can definitely not be described as restrained!


The name of this fragrance might suggest that this is a sickly sweet scent. But I didn't find that at all. There are only 3 notes in the fragrance: musk; vanilla-scented benzoin and caramel. This scent is a lovely combination of sweetness and warmth. I couldn't stop smelling this scent when I wore it.


I loved the unusal packaging of this product, with its combination of different textures with the glass and leather, and it would look really striking on my dressing table.

I was given a sample size of this, but I will definitely be purchasing this very soon. It is available in 30ml, 50ml and 80ml sizes, with prices ranging from £40 to £71.00.

Fine Print: I was sent a sample size of this by Escentual.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...