Saturday 3 September 2011

Chanel Le Vernis in 'Graphite'

One of the most anticipated launches every season in the beauty world is Chanel's latest collection. Whilst their whole range of products are much coveted, the ones which garner most of the attention and waiting lists, are the nail polishes. Ever since Uma Thurman first applied a few coats of 'Rouge Noir', Chanel polishes have been setting the nail polish trends. Despite the love that I've had for all things nail polish-related since my teens, it is only in the past two or three years that I have really paid much attention to Chanel nail polishes. No, I can't explain it either! If you've read a beauty magazine at all during the last couple of years, then it's safe to say that you will have come across at least one of these polishes: 'Particuliere'; 'Nouvelle Vague'; 'Paradoxal'; 'Black Pearl' and Mimosa. For me these have had varying degrees of success. I absolutely love 'Particuliere', but really didn't get along with 'Nouvelle Vague'.


This season's collection is entitled 'Illusions D'Ombres de Chanel' and contains a range of products in a shimmering spectrum of bronze, plum, green, gold and silver. After seeing some pictures of the range, I initially had my eye on the nail polish in 'Peridot'. In the pictures it looked beautiful: a gorgeous beetle-wing effect of blue, green and gold. However when the blog posts started appearing, the reviews weren't exactly 100% glowing. In the pictures I saw, it looked gold and had none of the effect I wanted, and looked like people had dipped their fingers in gold paint. Therefore I decided to use my Debenhams Beauty Card Reward Points and  try the nail polish in 'Graphite'.


At first glance, this shade looks very glittery in the bottle, and I did wonder whether it would be too grainy as some glitter polishes can be. However I needn't have worried, as the polish applied really smoothly. I probably could have got away with one coat if needed, but applied two coats to ensure total coverage. This polish can look very different in different lights. Sometimes it looks silvery, although a darker silver as opposed to a white-ish silver. At other times I notice the green and gold flecks in it more. It is a gorgeous mix of metallic and glitter finish and looks beautiful when it catches the light.




I was very impressed with the longevity of this polish too, as it lasted four days with no chipping at all. In short, I LOVE this polish. I am very tempted to purchase another one (or at least put my reward points towards), and am now also eyeing up the 'Quartz' shade, the other nail polish in the collection. I know that this nail polish is expensive, but for me it is a little treat and a bit of luxury for everyday. It is also the closest that I will get to owning a Chanel 2.55 anytime soon. Yes I admit it, my name is Louise Hartrey, and I have a love for all things Chanel. Although sadly I don't have a closet full of all things Chanel.

Have you tried any of the Chanel polishes this season? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...