Monday 3 December 2012

Fashion Sunday - Part 1 - Tim Walker: Storyteller

Yesterday, I spent a fabulous, if very busy day up in London with the lovely Penny, my friend who I met on Twitter via a shared love of all things fashion (and especially Chanel) -related. We had a busy agenda for what we had dubbed #FashionSunday, with four exhibitions on our 'to-see' list. Our first stop was Somerset House, for two very different, but equally fabulous exhibitions: Tim Walker: Storyteller, and Valentino: Master of Couture.

I don't want the post to be too picture-heavy, so this post will be about the Tim Walker exhibition. I have previously blogged about my love for Tim Walker's photography, but the exhibition surpassed even my expectations. The way that his work was presented alongside the giant props that he uses in his work (eg. a giant spitfire) just added to the surreal experience that his photographs convey. At times it felt like having stepped into one of his photographs. It is safe to say that the weird and wonderful world of Tim Walker is most definitely my kind of place!

The exhibition, which is free, is on until 27 January, so if you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend it.

Here are some images from the exhibition, quite a few of which I hadn't previously seen before. I would love to know which are your favourites.














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...