Wednesday 2 May 2012

Bottega: The Clothes


After having such a fantastic time at 'Take Me to Funky Town' the previous evening, I could have been at risk of a fashion comedown the next day. However, I needn't have worried, as there was plenty of style inspiration to be had within the four walls of 'Bottega'. I was very excited about paying a visit to the store ,as although I regularly chat to Sam (the owner) on Twitter, I had never visited the store before. Indeed, I hadn't actually met Sam in person before she invited me to 'Take Me to Funky Town'! . I have bought a few pieces over the phone from there, and I always get really positive comments about them ('Maison Scotch' blazer; 'One Teaspoon' velvet 'cardigan' and 'One Teaspoon' leopard print jumper). I had had a brief glimpse of the store when I arrived the previous day - before rushing off to Bolesworth Castle - but I couldn't wait to be able to have a proper look at all the style and homeware loveliness inside.


'Bottega' is on the high street in Tarporley, Cheshire (number 67 to be precise!). The store is like an Aladdin's Cave of style inspiration. Everywhere I looked there were fantastic pieces.  One of the great things about the store is that it has a real mix of both familiar and unknown (to me at least) brands. It is an eclectic mix, but it all works together perfectly. Sam and Alicia (the store's buyer) go out of their way to make sure that they offer something new for their customers every season, in order to keep the store's edit fresh., e.g. this season they have introduced 'Elizabeth and James'. In addition to the clothing, 'Bottega' also sells homeware and gifts. And if that was't enough, it also has a fantastic cafe at the back of the store, 'The Birdcage'- the perfect place to have a catchup and discuss your all important purchases. I took a lot of photos of the store, so to avoid this post being too picture-heavy, I will write about the homeware and cafe in my next post.

I love how Sam frames the clothing. I would love to do this with my wardrobe - if only I had the space and such fabulous clothing!
This outfit (Dress - Elizabeth and James; Blazer - Elizabeth and James; Wedges - Terry De Havilland) caused a real stir at the salon presentation the night before.

In addition to meeting Sam for the first time, my trip to Cheshire also meant that I got to meet the lovely Selina, who I had only 'spoken' to on Twitter. We met at 'Take Me to Funky Town' the previous evening, and we both chatted about how we couldn't wait to see the store the next day. After a catchup in the cafe we decide to explore all the temptation that 'Bottega' had to offer.

Love this top from Belgian brand ' Essentiel' - great combination of colours. I hadn't come across the brand before.



'Bottega' also stock a carefully selected edit of vintage pieces. How beautiful is this shawl? I love everything about it - the mix of colours; the pattern; the dip dyed fringing.




Unusually for me, I was quite restrained, and I only bought an American Retro shirt and a friendship bracelet. Although 'Bottega' hasn't got an online store, they do accept telephone orders (01829 733355. I am still thinking about a number of the pieces I saw, so I think I might have to put an order in soon. If you are ever in the Cheshire area, then you must visit 'Bottega'. You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...