Monday 7 November 2011

John Lewis Fashion Pavilion : Clements Ribeiro

On Friday morning I went to the launch of the John Lewis Fashion Pavilion in the Cardiff store. The installation, which has been designed by Grimshaw (the architects behind the Eden Project), had just come from the company's Oxford Street store, and will be touring some of its flagship stores over the coming months. The installation is designed to showcase the company's latest designer collaborations. It was a striking piece which made a real statement on the shop floor, and I found that my eye kept being drawn to different pieces every time I looked through.



First up is Clements Ribeiro, who have designed a collection of knitwear and coats. The range includes chunky hats and scarves; sweater dresses and cardigans in a palette of mink, charcoal, cobalt, black, magenta, stone and absinthe. My particular favourite was the angora/cashmere mix Chanel-style cardigan with 'trompe d'oeil' detailing, which comes in a stone/black colour way and a cobalt/black colourway. I also really like the sweater dress which comes in mink and charcoal, with button and grosgrain trim detail on the shoulders.





I think that the gloves; hats and scarves will make great gifts for Christmas and I'm sure that they will be flying off the shelves, with prices starting at £22.





I love a good high-street/designer collaboration, as it's a great way for people to buy a label that ordinarily might be out of their price range. This collection is a great way to get your hands on a piece of Clements Ribeiro's quirky knitwear, at a fraction of the price of their mainline collection.


The next designer who will be featured will be Tracey Boyd, and I'll post some photographs as soon as that is instore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...