Tuesday 19 June 2012

Move On Up* : Ty Hafan Welsh 3 Peaks Challenge

Today's post is a slight (ok, a massive!) variation on my usual topics, but I wanted to share something that I am taking part in this weekend. On Saturday, I will be part of a team of seven girls taking part in the Ty Hafan Welsh 3 Peaks Challenge.



Ty Hafan is a local children's hospice, which provides comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families. The charity does amazing work with the families they are involved with. It is fair to say that climbing mountains is not my usual idea of fun, but I am really looking forward to taking part in this challenge and helping to raise funds for such a great cause. However hard we may find the challenge on Saturday, we all know that it is nothing compared to what the children and families at Ty Hafan have to experience. 

The challenge begins at 4:30am in North Wales when we take on Snowdon, Wales' highest peak. After that, we head to Mid Wales to tackle Cadair Idris. The Challenge is rounded off with Pen-y-fan in the Brecon Beacons. In total we will walk a distance of 20.35 miles and make a total ascent of 9,397ft (2,864m). The guide time for the event is 15 hours.

Our fundraising target is £2,400, and so far we have raised over £1,300. Our friends and family, and sometimes complete strangers have been really generous, and we really appreciate their support. If you would like to support us then there are two ways to sponsor us:

* Text donation - Text the following code: XFJD95 plus the amount to 70070. So for £1 it would be XFJD95 £1  or for £5 - XFJD95 £5

As well as our sponsorship page we are running a prize draw with some fantastic prizes, and will be auctioning some items. I will do another post about that, as there are lots of lovely things to be won!

I will be doing my best to tweet updates throughout the day via my Twitter account.

* 'Move on Up' by Curtis Mayfield has proved to be one of my favourite tracks on my iphone when I have been training. It always manages to keep me motivated when I feel like flagging. It will definitely be being played on numerous occasions this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...