Thursday 12 April 2012

NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick in 'Heat Wave'

At the moment, one of my favourite beauty looks is the 'bold lip' look. It is only in the last two years that I’ve started experimenting with stronger and brighter colours. I’m not really sure why, but slowly and surely, the stronger colours in my makeup collection are the ones that I find myself wearing. I love the way that a bold lip colour can transform a look, and it can act as an instant self-confidence booster, in one application. And they don't come much bolder than one of my most recent beauty purchases, NARS 'Heat Wave'. 


'Heat Wave' is a bold red, with orange undertones. Although the texture is semi-matte, I didn't find it too drying as some matte lipsticks can be. However, I do always make sure that my lips have been prepped by using a lip scrub and balm before applying this, just in case!

This is a highly-pigmented shade, which gives full coverage. I find that it lasts really well, and that I don't need to keep re-applying it to maintain the colour. I love this lipstick, and it has become my 'go to' lipstick of choice.

'Heat Wave' is available from all NARS counters, including John Lewis (where I got mine from) for £17.50.

Are you fan of a bold lip colour, or do you prefer more neutral shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...