Sunday 21 August 2011

Whistles 'Carrie' Red Pleated Midi Skirt v Warehouse Red Pleated Maxi Skirt

If you read my last post (for which I thank you!), or follow me on Twitter, then you will know that I have a lot of love for all things 'Whistles', when it comes to my wardrobe. My first 'Whistles Want' of the year was the gorgeous Carrie skirt which was a hit with style bloggers everywhere. However it was 'slightly' out of my budget, so had to stay firmly on my 'Whistles Wishlist'. This season, 'Whistles' released the skirt in three new colourways: burgundy; coral and leopard print *swoons* . 

Whistles Carrie Red Pleated Skirt

Whilst the new releases only made me want this skirt more, my budget sadly remained the same, so I was determined to find a substitute at a more budget-friendly price. That's where Warehouse stepped in with it's vibrant red pleated maxi skirt, which retails at £60. However, before I got a chance to pop instore to try it on, I saw 'Bargainista Fashionista' s ASOS Sale Picks on Facebook, which included the object of my desire. ASOS had very kindly reduced the price to £36, and by using the sale discount code, I managed to nab the skirt for £32.40! I am even more pleased about this given that the item is still full price on the Warehouse website!


I only placed my order on Friday, so haven't actually taken delivery of the skirt yet. Whilst there are differences between the skirts, e.g. the Warehouse skirt looks longer than the Whistles one, I have a feeling that this will more than satisfy my desire for some crimson floaty loveliness. I think that it will be really versatile, and perfect for taking on holiday to Italy with me in a fortnight. In the day I can wear this with a simple top and some flats for sightseeing, and then in the evening I can add a pair of heels and some accessories for a different look. It will also be perfect as the Autumn chill sets in, as I can pair it with some tights underneath. This season, jewel colours were seen everywhere, and I think this will be the perfect way to bring some colour to my Autumn/Winter '11 wardrobe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...