Saturday 30 July 2011

Mavala - The Elle Red

One of my favourite things about the end of the month (apart from payday that is!) is the arrival of 'Elle' magazine on my doormat. I know that inside I will always find lots of inspiration (not to mention temptation!), not only in terms of fashion, but also in relation to culture, travel and life in general. As I end up buying every issue anyway, last year I signed up for a subscription, as you save on the newstand rate. 'Elle' offer some great subscription offers and always have great free subscriber gifts so it seemed foolish not to ( in my world at least!). One of the things I love about subscribing to 'Elle' is that they do separate covers for subscriber issues. These are always beautifully designed and are devoid of all the coverlines on the standard versions which can interfere with the visual image on the cover.

Kirsten Dunst on the cover of the September issue of  Elle (UK edition)

The September issue of any fashion magazine is always hotly anticipated, heralding as it does the start of the new fashion season. Whilst we may be still trying to make our Summer wardrobes work with the 'joys' of the British Summer, the September issue calls us to look at all of the Autumn/Winter looks that are waiting to be tried out. But that's another post!

This month's little package of fashion delights also packed an extra beauty punch, as it is accompanied by a free nail polish. Having forgotten that there was going to be a free gift with this issue, it was an unexpected bonus for me. The colour in question? 'The Elle Red' by Mavala (5ml). I have never used Mavala polishes and love wearing red nails so couldn't wait to try this out. And I was very glad that I did.



The polish applied really easily and smoothly. I could probably have got away with just one coat, but applied two just to be certain of total coverage. Once the polish has dried, it has a really glossy finish. I am very impressed with this polish and will definitely be trying more colours in the Mavala range, especially as they retail for only £2.99. In fact I think I might just purchase some more copies of the magazine (£3.80), as there are two other shades to try ('The Elle Grey' and 'The Elle Orange' - described as 'an edgy grey' and 'a playful orange').

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...