Tuesday 12 November 2013

Robyn Coles Millinery Autumn/Winter 2013

A few months ago I interviewed Robyn Coles, a very talented milliner who is based in Cardiff. In her interview she mentioned her plans for her upcoming 'Starry Night' collection, based on "dark gothic gardens and starry night skies." The images I saw looked fabulous, so I was thrilled to be invited to the instore launch of the collection a while later.

The store which is in Cardiff's beautiful Castle Arcade is also Robyn's studio, so it was fascinating to see where she conjures up her beautiful creations made of cashmere felt, and decorated with leather lilies or starbursts created from pearls.


I loved how the collection was displayed really simply, which allowed you to appreciate the sophistication and simplicity of the designs.


It would be hard to choose a favourite hat from the collection, but if pushed I think I would have to opt for this one. I love the combination of textures, and the contrast of the cashmere felt with the leather.






I would love to know which one is your favourite. Are you more of a cloche or a fedora girl? Or maybe you would choose the sculptural lily topped creation?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...