Thursday 23 June 2011

Roger & Gallet Fleur D'Osmanthus Eau Fraiche

I don’t know about you, but I for one have never heard of the Chinese Osmanthus Blossom. So when Escentual.com gave me a bottle of Roger & Gallet’s  new ‘Fleur d’Osmanthus Eau Fraiche’ to review I was intrigued. Although I had heard of the brand, I didn’t really know much about them, the detail of their 139 year heritage having passed me by! The roots of the company go back to 1695, so it’s fair to say they know more than a little bit about fragrance.


The product immediately grabbed my attention  as a result of its lime green and white packaging which is really fresh, the modern colour of the box is juxtaposed with the Roger & Gallet logo which screams ‘classic brand’.


Here is what the brand has to say about the product:
“Inspired by a Chinese Garden of Eden, Osmanthus Blossom fresh fragrant water reveals a cascade of sweet floral notes, with facets of citrus and wood. Osmanthus Blossom is fresh and joyful, containing a heart of mandarin, grapefruit and benzoin essential oils. It offers an exhilarating sensory experience for the body and mind.”
Although I love fragrance, I am the first to admit that I am a total novice when it comes to discussing fragrances in detail, but it’s always been one of those areas that I would love to know more about but never got around to studying (Perfumes: The A to Z Guide has been on my ‘to read’ list ever since it came out!). So if you are expecting a ‘technical’ review of this fragrance, then I’d click away now if I was you!


So although I might not know all any of the terminology that should probably be used in a fragrance review, I do know what I like. And I like this fragrance a lot! When Spring/Summer comes (and goes and comes and goes again in the UK!) I want something lighter and fresher for my fragrance, in the day at least. I tend to wear slightly ‘heavier’ scents in the evening – but that’s another blog post. This fragrance fits the bill perfectly with its citrusy mandarin and grapefruit notes. However, sometimes I find fragrances with citrus notes too fruity. One of the things I loved about this was the woody notes that gave it a bit of depth, above and beyond (or should that be below and beyond?) the fruity notes.
I couldn’t help but keep spraying this, as each spray seemed to reveal a new aspect of the fragrance. It is a really interesting combination of floral, fruity and woody notes which is perfect for any occasion. And if I wasn’t impressed enough already, once I found out the price I was even more impressed. You can buy the 100ml of this for £30 whilst the 50ml retails for £15 which compares really favourably with other fragrances. If you like to layer your fragrance products then you can also purchase a 200ml body lotion for £11.50; a 250ml shower foam for £11.50, and a 100g soap for £5.25. If you want to bring a spritz of Summer into your world then you can purchase this fragrance from Escentual.com

Have you tried this fragrance? What kind of scents do you like to wear in the Summertime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...